December 18, 2015

One Week Until Christmas...

ONE week until Christmas y'all! I'm freaking out a little - okay, a lot - because there is still so much to do. Wrap ALL my presents, do all my Christmas baking, package up cookies for Cookie Swap, attend Cookie Swap 2015, buy my Dad a Christmas present (still no  ideas - he's the hardest person to buy for), work at both jobs simultaneously until the New Year, watch all the Christmas movies, do a few more Pinterest projects, get my wreath hung up, get Christmas cards sent out (if they ever arrive) - and those are only the things at the very top of my list.

I've been checking the mail box obsessively, waiting for my order from Shutterfly to arrive with wedding pictures, my Christmas cards, and fundraiser items for work.  I will not be going through them again next year that's for sure! I'm also waiting on another package to arrive and have kind of lost hope that its every going to make it. I haven't had very good luck in the past with participating in Blog Swaps - as much as I love gifting I'm not sure that I'll keep participating in them since I keep getting burnt. Booo to people who don't follow through!

Wednesday night was my nieces Christmas concert - no one had told me the date for it so I didn't find out until Tuesday that it was the next night and I was scheduled to work at my second job in 'the city' from 4-7 that night.  It worked out that I didn't have to go in and was able to make it to the Christmas concert to see my two nieces perform. The Kindergarten class comes out and each person gets the microphone and says their name - Graycie sad her full name, which is quite a mouthful, but we were so proud of her for doing it. At her Pre-K concerts she was always SO shy. Rae is quite the performer - there is definitely no shyness with her!

This is the best I could get out of her. She had to leave her shirt behind at the school so I couldn't get the full costume but she was a toy soldier for her part of the Christmas concert 

Rae is second from the left and right beside her is my cousin Ryker. My Uncle Kenny is the baby of the family so some of his nieces are just a few years younger than him and have kids around the same age as his kids!

Graycie and her bestie Coco were the last two to come on stage. Those two together spells t-r-o-u-b-l-e (much like any girl and her bestie) but for some reason they always get paired together for things

This girl and her poses - I don't think I took a single normal picture that night because she kept 'modeling'. She cracks me up!

If you don't hear from me on Monday its because I had a breakdown over all the things that still need to get done OR because I'm sleeping off the busy weekend that I'm heading into with trying to get everything done before Christmas. And with that, I'm off to make a million Christmas cookies. Wish me luck...

2 comments:

  1. Why are dads just so hard to buy for?! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your nieces are too cute! I really hope your package arrives...it's so frustrating that anyone would sign up and not send a gift. :( Good luck getting everything done this weekend!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love! If you have a specific question please feel free to email me at krmathison@ hotmail.com