January 28, 2016

Currently (January 2016)...

At some point last year I decided that I wanted to do a 'Currently' post each month using the same prompts (plus more if I have other relevent ones for that specific month). I didn't do one each month last year because I'm pretty sure that it was later in the year that I decided I'd like to have one each month to look back on but in December I decided that I wanted to make sure to do it starting in 2016. Then January arrived and flew by in the blink of an eye and all of a sudden there were only two weekdays left in January to get the post up. BUT I did manage to do it in January, even if it is late in the month, so it still counts!


Reading well... not a whole lot of anything (other than blogs) but that is going to change soon. My reading pile is huge and I'm planning on dedicating some time each night to reading. I used to read 4-5 books per week but now that I work every Sunday and have more things going on in my life I just don't have the time for that anymore. My problem is that once I start a book I have a really hard time putting it down. I'm a fast reader so I like to just start a book and read it until its done. I'm going to work on that though!

Listening to episodes of Bones while I get ready for work every morning. I've recently been listening to it on my drive to work when I work in 'the city' too just to break up the monotony of the drive so I haven't been able to discover any new music on The Highway

Celebrating being 6 days away from being done this round of the Whole30! I can't wait until the real celebration when I'm done on February 3rd. There may be champagne...

Watching Bones whenever I get a chance and Making a Murderer when I'm on the treadmill. I've already fallen behind on new episodes of Pretty Little Liars. They are on the dvr just waiting for a chance when I can catch up  (likely never...)

Drinking water and black coffee. Literally the only things I've drank since January 4th. I bought a case of Dasani Mixed Berry Sparkling Water thinking it would taste great. WRONG. So wrong. I couldn't even finish one of them and now I have a case that is just going to get wasted. Grrr

Waiting for some packages from Old Navy and the Gap to arrive in the mail. Don't worry though, I didn't go over budget at all! My sister recently convinced me to sign up with Ebates.ca and last week Old Navy and the Gap had 18% cash back (score!). I also had a $25.00 gift card so with the cash back I only ended up spending around $30 for 6 items!

Loving that I've been sticking to my new budget. And loving all the goals I have for myself for this year. I'm ready to crush them!

Working on a new schedule for myself to better manage my time. I'm going to give it a whirl and see if it helps things at all

Wearing My favourite grey mocassin shoes, black leggings from American Eagle, and a black jackety thing from Forever 21. I'm also wearing my glasses (which I don't normally do because I hate my current glasses but I slept in my contacts last night so my eyeballs needed a break). Nothing too fancy but mixed it up from my usual Lululemon yoga pants and some sort of sweater (I'm always cold)

Anticipating the end of the Whole30! I'm pretty much anticipating next week in general with Kenton and Kels' birthdays both next week PLUS my consultation in Brandon for my biopsy on my tongue. The sooner I get that over with the better! And I just can't wait to drink champagne and celebrate my baby brother and sister (in law) turning 25!

Making some different Whole30 recipes this week. I made the Pioneer Woman's Crash Hot Potatoes Tuesday night (resulting in an indignant 'why did you squish those potatoes?!' from my Dad haha) and they are SO good - will definitely make them even when I'm not doing Whole30!
You can check out my 2015 'Currently' posts below 

January 15, February 15, June 15, August 15, September 15, November 15, December 15

6 comments:

  1. I can't drink flavored water unless it's sweetened! I just hate it. Michael likes it. He bought this flavored seltzer water and I opened one to try it and it was AWFUL because it wasn't sweet. To me they just taste bitter if they're flavored and not sweet!

    Those potatoes look SO GOOD. I was stoked about the 18% cash back at Old Navy! I definitely jumped on that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'll definitely check out those potatoes, yum!
    good luck on your reading! i am the same, i don't want to start if i can't finish, so i rarely read during the week unless i want to be up until 2am! haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for your for sticking with Whole30 and your budget! You are crushing this first month of 2016! :) And seriously- Ebates is so great! I'm not a flavored water fan either, unless it's sparkling water and even then, they are hit or miss!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So black coffee has been hard for me and this morning I tried white coffee "black" and it was AMAZING. Do any places near you have it? Anyways I was really excited. I'm excited for the end of whole30 too, I can't believe we are so close! It definitely calls for champagne, well beer for me, but a toast none the less!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post! One of my goals for 2016 is to read a book a month (which is still far below what I would like to read) so I've been reading a chapter or two each night before bed. I hate how much harder it is to find time to read as an adult!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love! If you have a specific question please feel free to email me at krmathison@ hotmail.com