February 1, 2016

Girls Night In...

When I think about a girls night I think about a night in with my friends where we eat junk food, watch chick flicks, and reminisce about all the fun times in the past. That means not having to wear makeup, or dressing up, and I love that. I can wear my yoga pants and not feel judged because its girls night IN so no one else is going to see anyways.  I have some friends that I've known all my life, and some that came into my life in my twenties, but each group has their own set of inside jokes and memories and I just love getting together with all of them. 

source
I try really hard to meet up with my friends in 'the city' (two seperate groups) at least once a month. For the longest time I wouldn't even see my friends that I've known almost all my life even every 3 months so thats why Wine Club was born. With my friends in 'the city' we typically just meet up at a restaurant and linger there after supper because we have so much to say to each other. Wine Club is mostly just a girls night in at one of our houses - we each take turns hosting - though we have said that maybe a couple times a year we will make it a girls night out and get dressed up and go to a nice restaurant and drink our wine there. Either way I'm good with it as long as we are making the effort to see each other more often. 

For my sister in laws 23rd birthday I threw her a pajama party. My mom had bought myself, my sister, and my sister in law the same pajamas and bought herself a really similar pair so we put them on, ate junk, and watched chick flicks. We drank wine and mimosas and ate chips and popcorn while watching some of the best chick flicks. I loved every second of it - it was the perfect girls night in and I wish we did it every month! 


My favourite chick flicks include How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days, She's All That, Pitch Perfect, She's the Man, Now and Then, Mean Girls (duh), The Notebook, Sweet Home Alabama, When Harry Met Sally, Bridesmaids, and Bring it On - just to name a few (I know I'm missing some of my favourites). I actually have a list in my phone of all the movies that my sister in law has never seen, which includes Cruel Intentions, Clueless, Field of Dreams, Coyote Ugly, and Step Mom. And that's not even a quarter of the list! I think I need to make it a monthly goal to cross one movie off her list each month - I need to educate her! 

I do like to occasionally get dressed up and go out with friends to a restaurant or bar but I'm most comfortable with a girls night in where we can just be ourselves. And be comfy. Comfy always wins

Image result for girls night in funny
source


What's your favourite chick flick?

7 comments:

  1. Spending time with girlfriends is the best! I don't have many and when we hang out, it's usually with our significant others. I miss hanging out in lazy clothes with my best friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girls night in is the best! I love that it doesn't cost a lot too. We had a girls night out this weekend for a friends bday and went to my FAVORITE restaurant where I couldn't eat anything because of whole30. It was hard, but still so fun, just because I was with my girls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH MY GOSH I SERIOUSLY HAD SWEET HOME ALABAMA IN MY HEAD TO PUT IN MY POST AND FORGOT! And then a bunch of the ones you listed I didn't even have in my head and should've included because they are the best! (Like, what kind of monster forgets about Mean Girls?!) Hanging out, wearing pajamas, eating junk food, and watching movies is my heaven. I desperately need a girls night soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, your Wine Club sounds like so much fun and totally my favorite way to spend time with girlfriends. I cannot believe your SIL hasn't seen Clueless, Field of Dreams, or any of those other movies!! You definitely have a great list to keep you busy for a while :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Girls night are the best! You've listed so many of my favorites :) I was just talking to my husband about Sweet Home Alabama, and how important it is to all of us girls why true love was more important than the riches. Pajama nights sound great too!

    liz @ j for joiner

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for linking up today! I love the idea of adding pjs to girls nights! Sounds right up my alley. And also I LOVE coyote ugly! I used to watch it allll the time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The best! Chick flicks and mimosas and pajamas...it doesn't get better than that.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love! If you have a specific question please feel free to email me at krmathison@ hotmail.com