April 12, 2016

10 Ways to Kill Time in a Hotel Room...

Good morning y'all! This post is coming to you from the comfiest hotel bed ever at a Travelodge in the Queen City.  I'm currently drinking half decent hotel room coffee whilst wearing my bathing suit (don't ask). Why am I here you ask (I know your on the edge of your seat in anticipation...)? Well, you see, my sister is here for training for work and I have an orthodontist appointment tomorrow so I decided to come up last night after work in 'the city' since I was already 1/3 of the way to the Queen City and because FREE hotel room. I couldn't turn that down. Staying in hotels is my favourite. I mean, you don't have to clean up after yourself AND for a week afterwards you can use the toiletries you 'stole' from the hotel and save yourself some money by not using your expensive stuff at home. I can't be the only one who does this, right? (I've already stashed the coffee K-cups in my purse for future use...)

I  have BIG plans for the day y'all. Like huge. And by big and huge I mean I plan on pretty much doing absolutely nothing and completely loving it. I've been pretty stressed and anxious lately so a day of nothing is exactly what the doctor ordered. I do have a few pretty fascinating things on the agenda for the day to pass the time until my sister is done her training and I finally have some human interaction. Lets get to them!
1I Apply a mud mask
I bought a mud mask at Shoppers months ago with the intent to use it right away and life has just gotten away from me. As I quickly packed, aka threw everything I own into a bag (I wish I was kidding..), I spotted the mud mask and realized hotel downtime was the perfect time to finally use it. 

2I Give myself a manicure
Anxiety is a bitch. And lately my anxiety has been at an all time high which means my poor nails have suffered. I find that I don't bite/pick at my nails as much when they are freshly painted so that's near the top of the agenda for the day

3I Organize my Pinterest boards
This is riveting stuff y'all, But so needed. I also need to search Pinterest for some new Whole30 approved recipes so that I don't hate all food by the end of this round 

4I Reply to blog comments 
This is big y'all.I plan on getting completely caught up and then staying caught up! Wish me luck...

5I Write future blog posts 
This is even bigger! I've been rationalizing how little I've shown up on this space of mine lately by telling myself that I just don't have the time with working two jobs but today is the day I start writing some future posts and compiling a list of some post ideas. I did make it a monthly goal to get back to it so I need to get working on that 

6I Watch terrible daytime tv
I can't even tell you the last time I was home during the day to watch daytime tv. However, I've realized as I look through the guide that daytime tv sucks. I hate talk shows with a passion and watching the news just makes me stabby and depressed all at the same time. There should be a channel devoted completely to the Pioneer Woman's cooking show. I would watch the shit out of that 

7I Pretend I'm at a rave
My new favourite Snapchat filter is the one that makes you feel like your at a rave. Me, myself, and I are going to hotel room rave later in the day. Since crowds make me stabby its the closest I'l ever get to an actual rave 

8I Enjoy a mid afternoon nap 
Because why not? Plus this bed is just so damn comfy. I may try and smuggle these pillows out when I leave tomorrow....

9I Bird watch 
I may have packed three different Blue Jays shirts because I wasn't sure which one I would rather wear while I sit alone in a hotel room watching the game. I may have a problem...

10I Try out some Youtube hair and makeup tutorials 
This is the perfect time to do this because if they are epic fails no one is around to see how ridiculous I look. That would make for some good blog content though...

In all reality I am going to have to leave the hotel at some point to procure some Starbucks (an iced black coffee because I'm currently Whole30'ing. Ughh), return some pants to Bootlegger, and find Whole30 approved hotel room snacks. But otherwise this day is all about relaxation. And I can't freaking wait. I just wish I wasn't Whole30'ing because I feel like adding 'Get day drunk' to the agenda would have made things so much more interesting

7 comments:

  1. hahah I ALWAYS take the samples. I have a bin of them in the linen closet. I can't help myself. It's a total grandma move, but oh well. I rock it.

    Sarah
    The Midwest Darling

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome, I love hanging in comfy hotels. I have quite a few in my future and will try and apply a few of these :)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That my friend sounds like a perfect day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The last sentence definitely made me LOL! I love this list and I plan on doing majority next time I go to one!
    I also wrote my top 10 over at my blog if you would like to read it and show some love, I would greatly appreciate it! :)
    https://sheridanjohnson.com/2016/04/12/10-things-before-bed/

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahaha that's totally what I do too! My favourite is watching hours and hours of "How it's made" on TV

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is fabulous! i need to catch up on blog emails i am sooooo behind. the only thing i do in a hotel room is lay on the bed and watch tv. it's like a free pass to be lazy haha.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh man. Mud masks are literally the best things in the world. I love them so much. Like just so much. And I'm right there with you on the biting/picking of my fingers. I won't touch them when they are manicured but when they're not? All bets are off. I hope you enjoyed your time and got to relax and be lazy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love! If you have a specific question please feel free to email me at krmathison@ hotmail.com