April 5, 2016

April Goals (2016)...

Image source

April Goals

1. Survive the Whole30
Today is the first day of my 4th round of the Whole30 and let me tell you, this is SO needed. I've been eating all.the.things lately and I haven't even touched my running shoes in weeks. I completed my last Whole30 on February 2nd and lost 11.5 lbs in those 30 days with maybe exercising 5 times total the entire 30 days. This time I have a plan in place for getting some form of exercise in the entire 30 days so I am really looking forward to seeing my results after 30 days (and this time I will remember to take my measurements!). The best part of this go around? My parents are joining me again! Having a support system while doing the Whole30 is key!

2. Sell enough clothes/accessories to purchase a new Blue Jays jersey
I have a problem y'all. And that problem is buying things on impulse and then never wearing or using them. I have SO many things with tags on them - I have a huge tote filled with items I need to sell because they are just taking up space. I am ordering a customized Blue Jays jersey with my favourite players name and number (Goins, obvi) which will probably come to $200 with the exchange rate so I need to get selling! So far I've made $80 selling a pair of Lulu pants that I bought back in November and are already too big for me but I need to get a few more things cleared out if I want to have my jersey in time for my Twin Cities trip

3. Post at least 10 times in April 
I haven't posted more than 9 times per month since the start of the year so I need to start putting a little more effort in. I've got a few things scheduled out so I'm on the right track so far

4. Complete Helene's Quit Your Job to Blog course
I'm still working my way through it but its just something that is constantly on my to list yet no real progress has been made. This is the month it needs to get completley crossed off the list!

5. Rework my budget for the next 3 months
I thought I had things worked out fairly well but I'm realizing how little I was leaving myself so some work needs to be done before I go insane with only the limited funds available to spend on necessities like gas and groceries

6. Get back on track with my fitness
Between yoga videos/apps, treadmill runs, walks with Krickit, and Ripped in 30 I have a pretty good plan in place for the month and my time doing the Whole30. Once I've made it a habit again I'm hoping its smooth sailing throughout the rest of Spring and into Summer

7. Plan a girls getaway weekend with my sister
We both need a mini vacation from real life and also need some retail therapy so this is a must 

8. Cross 5 items off of my 29 Before 29 list
My 29th birthday is coming up quick (eeek) and so far I've only crossed a couple things off of the list so it's time to start concentrating on this a little bit more 

9. Establish a nightly routine
This is so needed. My nights are disastrous and my sleep patterns have been terrible so something has got to give. There have been so many nights where I have fallen asleep with my makeup still on, contacts in my eyes, teeth not brushed (yuck!), because I am so exhausted that I can't even fathom doing them. I need to establish a time that I have to be in bed or else I will allow myself to stay up until 2 am and then be dragging ass all the next day. OR I will go to bed at 9 pm and then be wide awake from 1 am - 4 am and I will still be dragging ass the next day. What I've been doing just isn't working so its time for a change!

10. Get my taxes filed
All I have to do is drop them off at my accountants office, its that simple, and yet I still haven't done it. I think I keep putting it off because I'm nervous about whether I'm going to owe money. Working two jobs always wreaks havoc at tax time. I just need to bite the bullet and get it done so I know either way if I owe or if I will be getting any kind of return

I have an orthodontist appointment in the Queen City on Wednesday next week and my sister is also going to be there for training for work the night of the 11th until the 13th so I took an extra day off work to go hang out in her hotel room, away from life distractions, and catch up on work on my computer - ie. blogging and photo organization. I'm sure there will be a few Netflix breaks too but for the most part its going to be a get shit done day on the 11th. Hopefully I will be able to get quite a few things crossed off of my to do list - wish me luck! 

4 comments:

  1. Good luck with Whole 30!!! I'm curious to see the results of your measurements this time! Having your parents do it too would be so nice. I don't think I could get Michael to do it which means I would 100% fail! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so terrified of doing a Whole 30! I don't know if I could survive it....
    I definitely have to get back on that fitness horse though! And definitely establish a nightly routine.... my bedtime is ridiculous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the Whole30- and so awesome your parents are doing it with you!! :) I need to revisit my 30 before 30 list and get crankin' on that too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. good luck with the whole 30!! that's really cool that your parents are doing it with you. also i totally feel you on the needing to sell things, i have so much crap i bought and never wore. i have made it a goal to list a few things each week, starting small!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love! If you have a specific question please feel free to email me at krmathison@ hotmail.com