April 7, 2016

March Happenings...

What's New With You

Can I just take a minute to tell y'all how much I love this linkup?! It's seriously the best. I've lost some blogging motivation lately but I still make sure to make it here for the What's New With You link up because I love being able to look back at the posts and remembering what that month entailed for me. And March? March involved a lot of alcohol. Like, a LOT. I think I must have been preparing myself for going through 30 days with no alcohol with the Whole30 beginning in April so I had to drink all.the.alcohol in preparation. I'm not even kidding, you'll see....

The beginning of the month started out with a trip to the Queen City for an orthodontist appointment. Driving almost three hours for a 15 minute appointment when I have absolutely nothing else to do in the city (because budget) is kind of annoying but I justify it for the fact that I get Starbucks. Gawd I love Starbucks (insert heart eye emoji here)


Something HUGE (okay, my idea of huge) also happened at the beginning of the month! For the first time in my life I actually remembered to make a hair appointment 6 weeks after my last one and I got my hair trimmed. I usually go 6 months in between trims so I was pretty dang proud of myself (and so was my hairdresser...). I have a picture of the day I got it trimmed but how many snapchat selfies is too many snapchat selfies in one blog post?....

Close to the beginning of the month I went to Brandon, MB with my sister to look at houses to move to her lot in GE. She's on the house hunt (a lot closer than I am...) and after the house we were supposed to go see in Moose Jaw got sold we had a change of plans and found a place out of Brandon that had quite a few on their lot. We made the mistake of looking at every single house on the lot and falling in love with all of them, even the ones that were WAY out of her price range. We didn't really have any other plans for the day since we're both on a budget but I never turn down a trip to a city because a) I'm Starbucks obsessed and b) getting away from O-town is good for my soul. Also, I got Qdoba and if I can't get anywhere to get Chipotle then Qdoba is close enough to make me think I'm eating Chipotle and that's enough to make my day. We did finally buy a selfie stick (that my sister broke this past weekend - eye roll) - after wanting to buy one while in Vegas and not finding a single one (how?!) its been our mission since then to buy one. Mission finally accomplished (though now we have to replace it...). We stopped in Melita to take a selfie with the Banana - it was both awkard and awesome. When we got back to town that night my parents watched Kirstin's girls and we forced the Twin out of bed and we headed to Carnduff to have drinks with Kennedy. 



I worked a couple Saturdays in March (and I normally only work Sundays) so it was good for my bank account but hard on my body. I went a 19 day stretch without a single day off and for someone who used to only work 5 days a week and have my weekends always free that was pretty rough. The weather was finally getting nice and I was stuck indoors at work so that was hard to get through. One of the Saturdays I worked I got back to town right at 4:00 and headed straight to my brothers house in GE with Black Betty, my beer pong table, for her first appearance of the season. Kelsey played wine pong and then we had to head to a Stella & Dot party at the Twins . Pretty sure the other girls at her party thought we were on something - it was an interesting night to say the least.


The following Friday I made last minute plans with Kennedy, Toni and the Twin to go for fishbowls in 'the city'. Kennedy and I had been talking about it for a long time so it was way overdue. We had some good laughs, cheap drinks, and made a new snapchat friend in the process. Working the next day was a little bit of a struggle but nothing I couldn't handle. 



The following week was St. Patty's Day week and I wasn't letting that day go by without getting some green beers in me. I had a meeting in Weyburn that morning and then went for lunch with former coworkers after our meeting - it was so hard not being able to order a green beer at lunch since I still had to drive back home. There wasn't much going on in the area but that didn't stop me from making sure to get my green beer that night. Kennedy and I first hit up Carnduff bar hoping to have supper but there kitchen was under renovations so we had a drink and then headed to GE for some food and (finally!) green beers. Kenton and Kels joined us for drinks and then Millz and Marko showed up. I'm not a fan of the colour green (unless its Rider gear) but I made sure to wear something green in celebration - dressing up for holidays is my favourite. 


Kirstin ditched me that weekend and went up to Yorkton without me when I had to work on Saturday (still bitter about that) so to get even with her I bought the movie Sisters (loved it - Tina and Amy are the best) and went to Kenton and Kels' and watched it with them. She disowned us that night but has since gotten over it...


The next week involved Mama Bears birthday which meant a delicious birthday supper (made by yours truly) and TWO ah-mazing cakes. Mama had request chicken stirfry so that's what was on the menu for the night. Kels is always in charge of cake since she makes a delicious cake called Better Than Sex Cake' and for some reason my dad also got it in his head to make a cake with brown sugar icing (Mama's favourite)  so we ended up with two cakes. I had to get proof of him baking since its probably only the second time its ever happened! I have pictures of Mama but she'd kill me if I posted them here so you'll just have to trust me that it actually was her birthday. Kirstin and I got her some emerald Sparkle Ball earrings (though they didn't arrive until the week after her birthday) and I was tempted to keep them for myself and find something else for her  - they're SO pretty!


My sister and I then ditched our family for Easter (kidding... we postponed Easter celebrations this year due to my Mama getting treatment just before Easter this year) and headed up to Yorkton to see Scooby. It didn't really feel like Easter at all this year since it was so early so it was okay with all of us. 

My SUV, Eleanor, hit 100K as we were enroute to Yorkton. I knew that it was coming so for it to be on an actual road trip was okay with me, though I'm still a little sad that my 'baby' has gotten me this far already! We got to Yorkton in the early afternoon and after dropping our stuff off at Scooby's we dropped Toni off on a date and then Scooby and I went shopping for the essentials - mix for alcohol. That night we went to BP's for fishbowls, ate our weight in food, and then walked home in the freezing cold. We left warm-ish weather back in O-town to come to snow and cold temps - yuck!


The next day we started the day off right with mimosas - I'd had a bottle of champagne in my fridge at home that was just calling my name so I packed it in my bag. Trying to get the cork off the bottle of champagne was quite the ordeal - normally I drink mimosas with my brother and SIL so my brother gets the honour of popping the champagne but this time we had to fend for ourselves. No lie, the cork flew 10 feet and I screamed like a little girl. After our mimosas and getting ready for the day we headed to Browns Social House for brunch and $5 mimosas. We decided at brunch that we would put our phones away and the first person to touch theirs had to buy everyone's drinks. I don't know how I survived but we all managed to go over an hour without our phones - that's a huge accomplishment for me! We were already tipsy before we got to brunch and so at brunch we came up with great idea to get matching tattoos sometime soon - stay tuned for the reveal once we finally get them!


The rest of the time in Yorkton was spent drinking and playing drinking games. We had big plans to stay up all night long but by the time we got back from the bar at 2:30 am we had been drinking since before noon and it took our toll on us. When we woke up the next morning there were no hangovers because we were still drunk... After our drunkness wore off a little Toni headed off on another coffee date and Scooby and I decided it was time to finally make the intervention banner we've been talking about (you'll understand if you're a HIMYM fan). Toni's reaction when she got back from her date was priceless - we even wrote letters to her and tried our hardest not to die laughing while reading them out loud to her. Oh the little things that make us laugh. We kept the intervention banner for future interventions since we all have our own little quirks that could use some intervening...


Coming home from Yorkton is always hard - we went so long without seeing Scooby that its great to finally be seeing her once a month PLUS being in a city with actual options for shopping, eating, drinking, etc. is definitely a huge win. 

To end off the month, and prepare myself for starting the Whole30, Toni, the Twin and I went to the Olive Branch on the last Thursday of the month to indulge. It had been way too long since I had been able to indulge at the OB - the last time I was there I was on the Whole30 so a visit was much needed!


After hibernating almost all Winter long it was so nice to get out with friends - though my waistline and bank account could have done with just a little bit less. I actually didn't realize how busy of a month March was - I guess the reason it flew by was because I was having so much fun (and working 19 days straight...). Looking back through March just makes me SO excited for Spring and Summer - it's going to be busy but that's what I love!

I'm sure there's some things I've missed regarding March but you'll have to excuse me - I think some of that alcohol is still in my bloodstream...

Good thing for the Whole30!

If you're still reading this you get a pat on the back and all the high fives - pretty sure this is the longest post I've ever made that didn't have anything to do with travel!

4 comments:

  1. OMG better than sex cake is amaaaazing! My mom used to make it sometimes. So so good. And brown sugar frosting?! I've never tried it but it sounds delicious! I love that you guys made an intervention banner! Haha so perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad that you like this linkup and that it's helping you get ideas to blog! That makes me really happy :) Thanks for joining us and spreading the love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. aw shucks well thanks for loving the link up and joining us! i'm with you, i love looking back on things. also with you in that my march included a lot of alcohol haha. and um, there is no such thing as too many snapchat filters ;) at least that's what i'm telling myself haha. that chicken stirfry looks delish!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love! If you have a specific question please feel free to email me at krmathison@ hotmail.com