July 29, 2016

Currently (July 2016)...

Happy Friday y'all! Today is actually a bittersweet Friday for me. On one hand I'm happy that it's finally Friday and my last day of work for 9 days (at both jobs!) BUT on the other hand, I was supposed to be leaving for #10DaysInTexas tonight and the fact that I'm not makes me a super sad panda. Some things came up that made my brother and SIL unable to make the trip. My sister and I thought about going just the two of us but we just don't think we can do the 27 hour drive ourselves plus the cost of everything would only be split in two now and we hadn't budgeted for that. Unfortunately #10DaysInTexas is no more. I will get back to Texas one day though y'all. That's a guarantee. I'll just be dreaming about all the amazing Tex-Mex until then...

Once again almost an entire month as gone by with me neglecting this space of mine. I just still haven't found a balance in my life to fit blogging back in. The fact that July completely flew by hasn't helped at all either. I took my laptop with me when I went to MN for a week, thinking I would have lots of time to work on some posts, but my laptop didn't even make it out of my bag once. Whoops.

I have SO much to post about, mostly just for myself because I like documenting my Summer, vacations, etc. but actually putting fingers to the keyboard has not been easy. During my time off I'm going to come up with a strategy to balance things so I can fit bloggin back into my life (hopefully). And hey, at least my July Currently post is being posted in July. June's may have been a few days late...


Reading three different books at the moment. I'm still working my way through the Harry Potter series for my annual HP Summer Re-read, as well as still working through Me Before You by Jojo Moyes. I just picked up a new book while in the Queen City on Wednesday, A Game For All The Family by Sophie Hannah, and I started it right away because I couldn't help myself. With 9 days off of work after today I hope to whittle my reading pile waay down. And finally finish the ones from last Summer...

Listening to The Highway on XM or different country music playlists on Spotify. As per usual. Right now I am loving Vice by Miranda Lambert, Are You With Me by Easton Corbin, and Saltwater Gospel by the Eli Young Band. I just can't get enough of these songs!

Celebrating my birthday month - I'm officially 29 y'all! (I've only been rounding up to 29 since the beginning of the year...)

Watching the last season of The Office. I had been powering through the seasons - I only started the series in mid-June - but now I'm limiting myself to 1-2 episodes a day because I'm sad that its nearing the end. MN and I got through almost an entire season when I was there last and when I got back home I went back and re-watched some of my favourite episodes from earlier seasons so that I wouldn't get done the series and then be depressed that it was all over (I have issues, clearly)

Drinking Shakeology (yay to being back at it!), Leinenkugel beers - Berry Weiss and Grapefruit Shandy (sooo good!), coffee, and water. Pretty much my go to these days. I so wish I could get the Leinenkugel beers here in Canada. I could only bring back 12 when I came home from MN last week so I am limiting myself to only a couple a week so I can enjoy them for longer and won't run out before my next trip to MN

Waiting for my next trip to MN - hopefully a few days during the second last week of August. I still have to figure out some logistics but a month in between visits is too long. I've had some staffing changes at work that make my schedule a little hard to juggle in August but I'm hoping to make it work (cross your fingers for me!)

Loving Summer! I't just my favourite (next to Christmas...) I can't believe how fast it is flying by though. I still have SO much to cross off of my Summer Bucket List. Hopefully in these 9 days off of work I can get the list at least 3/4 done. Wish me luck!

Working on a million different blog posts - I'm sooo behind. Good thing I have 9 days off of work to finally catch up..

Wearing all the comfy clothes because I ate and drank all the things while in the Twin Cities for Girls Weekend and now none of my clothes fit...

Anticipating 9 days off of work! Can't.freaking.wait

Making plans for my days off now that there's no Texas in my future (wahhhh). If anything I might finally get all my Christmas decorations put away in all of my spare time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the love! If you have a specific question please feel free to email me at krmathison@ hotmail.com