July 7, 2016

June Happenings...

What's New With You

With taking a hiatus from the blog world for the past couple of months I have definitely missed this link up - its my favourite! I blog to document my life so this link up is right up my alley. I'm super bummed at myself for not having my shit together to do this the last two months :( But I can't change it, just have to accept it, and try harder to make it to this space from now on! 

June Happenings...

At the beginning of June I said goodbye to the Twin, as she moved to BC for a new job opportunity. I was super sad to say goodbye but now I'm excited to be able to go out and visit because she is living in Wine Country. Ummmm, yes please! Before she left we were able to get Beaver Cove together for one last supper with those that are still around this area. Slowly all of our town council members are leaving :( I get super jealous whenever she sends me snaps of the mountains outside her windows. The only thing I see outside my window is a bluff of trees where wild animals live. Oh, and where our sewer dumps... 


We took over my Aunt's garage at the beginning of the month and held a garage sale. I sold my kitchen table for travelling money and my bed for tattoo money. That's how adulting works, right? I love the idea of garage sales because I like de-cluttering and making 1/10 of what I spent on something (ha) but it really makes me realize how much I am not a people person. I pretty much spent the entire time hiding in a corner with a drink in my hand so that people wouldn't talk to me...



Scooby and I headed to Brandon on June 4th. We got to the city late that night since I couldn't leave until after the garage sale was done so we had a really late supper and drinks and then drank a bit in our hotel room before passing out just after midnight. You know you're getting old when... 
I was up by 4:30 the next morning - there's just something about being in hotels that makes me wake up super early. We drove to Starbucks in our pj's and were at the doors just as they were opening at 7. I need coffee to survive so there is no shame in my game. After we got ready for the day and checked out of our hotel we hit up Browns Social House for brunch (and mimosas of course) and then it was time for the actual reason for our trip - getting tattoos.  I've had the itch for a new one - this was my 11th - for a long time now so it was waaay overdue. There's a long story behind the tattoo - maybe one day I'll tell ya about it (don't hold your breath because we both know how terrible I am at this blogging thing...)


My mama, sister, aunt, cousin, and I went to see Theresa Caputo in 'the city' on June 12th. It was definitely an experience but I personally like watching her better on tv because then you get to know people's back stories (I'm nosy AF). I actually knew some of the people that she read so it made me a little less skeptical about the whole thing. I'm a believer but also not a believer if that makes any sense. My sister gave me part of my birthday present early that night when we got home- she knows me so well!


I spent the first day of Summer in the Queen City at my orthodontist appointment. I literally had nothing to do in the city besides my appointment so I spent a ridiculous amount of time wandering around Chapters while sipping on an iced caramel macchiato from Starbucks. I found so many cute homeware things but had to force myself not to buy any of them. I did let myself buy a new book.. only to find out that my sister already owns it. Of course. 


The fair was in 'the city' June 20-22 and after the passing of a close family friend at the beginning of that week a trip to the fair to escape real life was just what the doctor ordered. I usually invite myself along with my sister and her kids every year just for the mini donuts. They're my favourite!


Close to the end of the month I did one of the scariest and craziest things in my life, something that completely pushed me out of my comfort zone (because anxiety). I got on a train for 10 hours to go see someone in another country that I had only actually spent a handful of hours with. (You can call me crazy, because I do all the time). 

I met Minnesota (obviously not his real name but everyone in my life needs a nickname) while in the Twin Cities in May for the Blue Jays vs Twins series. He was also at the game on the last day of our trip and I made him buy me, my brother, and my SIL $9 beers at the stadium on his birthday (aren't I nice... haha). We hung out for quite some time during the game before finally realizing that we had paid to see the game and weren't actually watching any of it. I went back to my seat and he went to his but we made plans to meet up after the game.  We had had to check out of our hotel that morning because we were catching the train back home at 10:30 that night so the plan for after the game was to just go hang out at the MOA for a bit before heading back downtown to pick up our luggage, so I didn't feel too bad ditching my family. And ever since then we have talked every single day.  9 hours apart and a country apart but we're just taking it day by day and trying to figure out how this all works. 

The craziest part of this whole thing though? When we were at the stadium he had taken my phone and added himself as my friend on Facebook. Since it was his birthday that day he was getting a bunch of birthday posts on his wall. The next morning I was at Perkins for breakfast, after getting off of the train, and I finally had wifi again after 10+ hours. I was scrolling through Facebook when I saw a birthday message to Minnesota from my blog friend turned IRL friend Kate. Turns out that Minnesota is really good friends with Kate's husband Pete, and was even in their wedding party! How is it that the only two people I know in the Twin Cities know each other?! The only word I can find to describe all of this is crazy

So that was my June for the most part - minus my whirlwind trip to Minnesota (with a Wisconsin trip thrown in there too to cross something off my 29 Before 29 list) at the end of the month because that needs a post all in its own or this will be the longest post in history!



5 comments:

  1. omg stop it with all the food i'm so huuuuuungry now.

    okay i honestly don't think it is crazy at all. it's similar to how KC and I met and we are married now :) i met him through friends, but the fact that he is friends with people you know makes it less crazy. do you girl and trust your gut :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were at Perkins in Canada? Is it the same Perkins that's in Wisconsin? Hahaha sorry I don't know why that stuck out to me so much. Another blogger was a server there and lives in WI and another WI blogger posted about how she went to Perkins and there was an awful waitress (but these two bloggers are friends) so I thought it was ONE restaurant...and I get to WI and they are EVERYWHERE. Mind = blown hahaha. I used to have that white purse with the brown handles in the garage sale! Just sold it recently. Okay you wrote soo much and I just wrote a paragraph about a purse and Perkins...yikes. Haha! But I have to stop because I'm rambling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found your blog today and love the way you write. Looking forward to reading more!
    -Liv

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love fairs !! I haven't been to one in over 14 years! Always such a fun place that brings out the little kid in me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved the story about Minnesota! Crazy that he knows your friends...the world is a small place for sure! Thanks for linking up and keep us updated!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love! If you have a specific question please feel free to email me at krmathison@ hotmail.com