August 31, 2016

Weekly Lessons...

Mattie is one of my favourite bloggers in all of blog land and when she announced her new weekly link-up, Weekly Lessons,  I decided that the first day of the link up was a good time to get back into the swing of things (its loooong overdue). 

Things I've learned within the last week 

Never leave things until the last minute
It may have worked for me to pull all nighters back in College but it just doesn't work anymore - I love sleep too much. I left a few things from my August Goals until the last minute and I have been telling myself I will stay up later at night to have more time to get them done. Yeah... that definitely hasn't happened. Now I only have tonight to finish it all and all nighters just don't sound fun anymore

HIMYM will never get old 
After FINALLY finishing The Office I wasn't sure what I wanted to start next. I have plans to start the 2nd season of How To Get Away With Murder now that its finally on Netflix (more on that in my September Goals post on Friday), re-watch Gilmore Girls,  plus MN wants me to start Parks and Rec. Life has been pretty hectic this past week though so instead I just went back to HIMYM and started all over again. The funny thing is, this is probably at least the 10th time I've rewatched the series from start to finish and I just picked  up on something in Season 1 that I never realized until now - you find out the mother's name in the very first season, in the Thanksgiving episode. Seriously, this show will never get old to me 

Target is the worst place to go when you're on a budget
Things just magically appear in  my cart - I swear I don't know how it happens. I went so long without Target trips because I wasn't going down to the States very often, but now that I'm going down at least once a month I just can't help myself - I need all the things! I mean, you can never have too many coffee mugs, right?!

Don't make appointments without having a calendar or your schedule in front of you
I've had a gift certificate for a gel polish manicure since Christmas. CHRISTMAS. Twice now I have called to make an appointment and not realized until after I make the appointment that I won't even be in Canada for when I made the appointment. I need a personal assistant just to keep track of my schedule for me. At this rate I won't be getting them done until this Christmas has passed...

Getting back into blogging is HARD
Why I ever took a break is beyond me - I should never have done that because now it is SO hard to get back into things. I have a list of posts a mile long that need to get completed - finding the time to sit down and write them is the hard part. Making it back to this space of mine on a regular basis is definitely going on my September goals! I've sat at my computer so many times over the last week and the words just aren't coming - I think once I have my to do list whittled down I will finally be able to concentrate (or so I hope)
Happy humpday y'all!

6 comments:

  1. LOL to the appointments one, I'm right there with you! I got a gift certificate for a mani/pedi back in April for my bday and I have yet to schedule it. Every time I think of a date now I'm like oh yeah, Jared is gone or we have this or that going on, etc. And keeping up with blogging is def hard when life is busy- I have so many ideas and can't seem to make time to write them!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh yay, so happy you linked up!!! There are some shows I could watch over and over and never get old! HIMYM is one, but I've only watched it through twice! Also WHAT about finding out the mother's name?! I'm tempted to watch just that episode now to find it hahaha. I've tried watching Parks & Rec all the way through but always end up distracted. And I want to rewatch GG before the new episodes in November. THERE ARE TOO MANY SHOWS! Can't I just quit work and only binge watch? Please? Target is so hard to resist. Since my shopping ban is over tomorrow, I'm heading there straight after work! Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i don't really watch HIMYM but i love when you have a show you can watch a zillion times and never get bored of it.
    i haven't shopped in 3 months! i haven't been to target in 3 months. they are definitely connected ;) haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My husband has watched HIMYM a ridiculous amount of times too! I love how easy it is to watch. I'll have to ask him if he's caught on to the mother's name thing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for linking up! I’m right there with you—all-nighters are downright impossible now, while they used to just be a burden in college. I laughed out loud at your comment about Target because it really, truly is the worst place to go while on a budget. In fact, I’m required to have supervision whenever I’m there because I come home with coffee mugs and cute tape dispensers. So glad you’re getting back into blogging, it’s really hard at first but just gotta take it one step at a time!

    Lexi, Lex Be Livin’

    ReplyDelete
  6. Christmas is fast approaching. We all know that Christmas is the time we celebrated annually to remember the birth of Jesus Christ. This is where our family gathers together and celebrates together, Sharing gift to our love ones, and even for the unfortunate one. It’s not how much we give but how much love we put into giving.
    Just want to share with you my made to order mug which you can customize or personalize your own designs. Which you can give this to your love ones as a simple gift that make the happy and unforgettable moment.
    Discount Store to someone special, or treat yourself to a design that brings you joy or makes you laugh. Create your own photo mug, shop our collection of the funniest joke mugs, personalize your mug with a monogram, or express yourself with one of our 10 million designs. You can visit us at www.gearbubble.com/gbstore/discountstore which is Available in 11-ounce or 15-ounce. Dimensions: 11-ounce: 3.8” h x 3.2” diameter 15-ounce:4.5” high x 3.4” diameter. Microwave and dishwasher safe. Strong, high-grade ceramic construction. So don’t wait to order yours! Visit us at www.gearbubble.com/gbstore/discountstore

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love! If you have a specific question please feel free to email me at krmathison@ hotmail.com