November 4, 2016

Currently (November 2016)...


Reading my way through my reading pile. Still. I'll definitely get some of them crossed off the list during the drive to the Twin Cities next weekend and then again a couple weeks later when I take the train back there - it seems to be the only time I actually get any reading done lately

Listening to my same ole' playlist on Spotify on repeat, as per usual. I've recently added Kisses at Airports by Cassadee Pope and Better Man by Little Big Town. Obsessed with both. As mentioned in yesterday's post, I've also been listening to Christmas music already - I just can't help myself! 

Celebrating the Cubs ending a 108 year drought. I mean, I'm not an actual Cubs fan (go Jays!) but out of the two options to cheer for it was hands down going to be the Cubs. Game 7 though... what a nail biter! For not actually caring about the outcome I was on the edge of my seat, biting at my nails, and just completely stressed out - I can't even imagine if it were the Jays that were playing! 

Watching HIMYM, Grey's Anatomy, or The Office on Netflix every night before I go to bed. Otherwise I'm not watching tv now that baseball season is over (wahhhh). I have a few episodes of This Is Us to catch up on - its pretty much the only new show that I'm interested in. I'm also very impatiently awaiting Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life to finally make it to Netflix - can't.freaking.wait

Drinking water, water, water. I have a nasty throat infection and nothing appeals to me right now but at least water helps my throat feel a little bit better, if only for a few minutes. I've been making an extra cup of coffee each day too just to survive the day since I feel like a complete zombie.  I couldn't even tell you the last time I had a sip of alcohol (probably the last Jays game...?) I'm not supposed to mix alcohol with the antibiotics that I'm on but a couple of beers this weekend won't kill me, right?...

Waiting for my next mini vacation - one more week! Toni, the tiny humans, and I (and possibly a friend of my sisters and her daughter) are road tripping to the Twin Cities for the girls birthday trip. Truth be told, it won't be much of a 'vacation' with two (possible three) tiny humans in tow but at least it gets me away from O-town for a bit AND I'll get to see MN. Plus Starbucks, shopping, Caribou, CHIPOTLE- it will definitely still be great

Working on some blog posts for the next couple of weeks so that I actually stick to a regular schedule of blogging - at this point I'm aiming for two days per week to get back into it before we get to December where I'm hoping for at least three a week. There's just so much more inspiration in December that I don't think that will be hard for me 

Wearing all the comfy clothes because I haven't worked out in weeeeeks (yikes) and I feel like a zombie so actually getting ready in the mornings isn't happening. Not only do I feel like a zombie but I'm pretty sure I actually look like one too...

Anticipating MN's visit to Canada - 2 more sleeps! Eeeeeeek. When he gets here on Sunday it will be exactly 2 months since we've seen each. TWO. That is waaaay too long. Also, at my orthondontist appointment on Tuesday I found out that I only have three more appointments left and these braces will finally be off. I'm not going to get too excited just in case things change at my next appointment but cross your fingers for me that by February I'm no longer a brace face!

Loving that I get to hit up Starbucks, Caribou AND Target this weekend. And obviously that I get to see MN. I have to go to Minot to pick him up at the train station early Sunday morning so I got myself a hotel room for Saturday night and it will be the first time ever that I'll spend in a hotel room by myself. How I got to 29 without ever doing that I have NO idea 

Making plans to head to Yorkton the first weekend of December for Scooby's birthday. I have my work Christmas party on the Friday night but Scooby has a dinner theatre to go to too so Toni and I will head up there Saturday morning to kick off the birthday festivities. I imagine there will be lots of sangria and a pyramid of cans in the pale moonlight. And then hangover brunch the next morning before Toni and I have to head back to O-town because we're old now and can't hang like we used to. I should probably book that Monday off of work too...

Image result for hangover someecards
source
Happy Friday!

3 comments:

  1. Ahhh how exciting that MN is coming to Canada!!! Hope you have the best time!!! Even living in the US I still get unreasonably excited to get Starbucks or go to Target hahaha. And BRING ON GILMORE GIRLS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of fun stuff coming up. Tis the season! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not a cubs fan either, but was so happy they won! I hope you're feeling better and have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love! If you have a specific question please feel free to email me at krmathison@ hotmail.com