January 9, 2017

One Little Word (2017)...

Happy Twenty-Seventeen y'all! I hope everyone had an amazing holiday season and New Years celebrations. I spent NYE in Minnesota, taking in my first ever NHL game so I definitely can't complain about how I ended 2016 and rang in the new year. 

I had big plans to start the new year off right with a bunch of blog posts but I ended up coming down with the plague while still in Minnesota so those plans went straight out the window. I'm still only at about 50% but I have antibiotics now so at least I'm on the mend. I have those posts in the works, they'll just be posted a bit later than I had hoped for. 

Back in early December I started thinking up my One Little Word for 2017. It's something I've wanted to do for years but could never narrow it down to one word. After much thought and consideration, I decided on: 

Trying to narrow down to one word is hard. I had a word picked out, engage, but I thought it could get misconstrued to mean engage-ment and that might send MN running for the hills (haha) so I just chose to change it to connect to save myself the hassle. 

In 2017 I want to work on my relationships with friends and family, and with MN. I also have big plans for this space of mine, which includes connecting with other bloggers so connect just seemed perfect for 2017. 

As I said, I've got big plans in the works for this space of mine and currently have 6 posts on the go so make sure to check back in for those! 

What's your OLW for 2017?

3 comments:

  1. I hope you feel better soon! Oh my gosh, your reasoning for not choosing engage cracked me up! I think connect is a good word. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you're feeling better soon! I, too, had big plans for my blog for the new year but then got sick and had to push it to the wayside. Thankfully I seem to be on the mend now as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. connect is perfect! though i don't really think of the word engage as engagement, if that makes sense. but i know why you changed it lol. hope you're feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love! If you have a specific question please feel free to email me at krmathison@ hotmail.com