March 24, 2017

Busy Friday...

Happy Fri-Yay! I'm off work today for my earned day off which worked out perfect because I have SO much to get done today. I had hoped to sleep in a little this morning since this day is going to be so hectic but alas my body is just attuned to 5 am wake up calls and today was no exception (eye roll). 

My Mom normally watches my nieces after school and on school holidays and today just so happens to be a PD day, meaning no school for my nieces, so I volunteered to 'babysit' them so that she wouldn't have to since it's her birthday today (Happy Birthday Mama Bear!). 

My immediate family is having birthday supper and cake tonight at my parents house to celebrate, with supper made by yours truly (and the cake too if I can find the time to fit it in - there might be a last minute trip to the grocery store for a pre-made one...).  I'm also hosting a baby shower for my nephew tomorrow and still have some prep work to get done so to say that today is going to be busy would be an understatement. I don't know where I'm going to find all the time to fit everything in but when there's a will there's a way, right?!

To top it all off, I now have to make a trip to Carlyle - 35 minutes away - to pick up my vehicle at some point today. I'll be $500 poor-er when I leave Carlyle but at least I'll have a working drivers side window (I'm trying to find an upside to seeing my hard earned money fly out of my wallet that quickly...). The first thing I'm doing once I'm back in Eleanor?  Heading through DQ's drive thru for a Skor Blizzard (because ice cream always helps). Oh how I've missed the convenience of drive-thru's over the last few months of my window not working - even if I rarely use them for anything other than grabbing coffee before or after work in 'the city'. 

So, with all that being said, I need to get on the road to my sisters to get this crazy day started. Wish me luck! I can't wait to show y'all the little touches from the baby shower - I just loving party planning (in another life I would be an event planner). I didn't want to spend a ton of money (because budget) so Pinterest has been my best friend lately. Stay tuned for the shower recap! 

What are your plans for the weekend? 

1 comment:

  1. Yay for a day off, even if your body made you wake up really early! Ooh I'd love to see what you came up with for the shower. I really do like party planning.

    -Lauren
    http://shootingstarsmag.blogspot.com/2017/03/a-bit-more-about-usborne-books-and-more.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love! If you have a specific question please feel free to email me at krmathison@ hotmail.com