June 14, 2017

Currently (June 2017)...


Reading  Before I FallI'm annoyed, however, that it took me getting 1/3 of the way through the book before I realized I have already read the book. Face palm. So I guess I'm technically re-reading it. I must have read it when it first came out in 2010 and now that it has a new cover (for the movie) I thought it was new and bought it again. Sheesh! I also just finished a couple of really good books - I've got a 'What I've Been Reading' post in the works since I've been reading so much lately so stay tuned for that!

Listening to all the T-Swift songs on Spotify now that they're finally available! Also, one of my favourite songs on my Spotify play list right now is A Long and Happy Life by Delta Rae - I'm obsessed!

Celebrating the beginning of Summer this weekend! I know its not technically Summer until next Tuesday but I'm just going to start celebrating Summer early! MN is here in the GWN this weekend so I'm hoping for some good weather.

Watching the same thing as last month -  baseball, baseball, and more baseball. The CFL football season starts soon so I'm sure I'll be catching those games when they are on. And the same as last month I've been re-watching Friends on Netflix before I go to bed/when I get ready in the morning . I had hoped to get through the rest of Game of Thrones  while I was in the Twin Cities a couple of weekends ago but I only got to episode 5 of Season 6 so I still need to get through the last 5 (though I've seen the very last 3 of the season) before the new season starts in July.

Working on a post for a fun giveaway for my 30th birthday. Monday marked 6 weeks until the big day - eeek! So stay tuned for that post as well, I'm super excited about it!

Drinking lots of black coffee lately - I only let myself have creamer on the weekends (or my days off) now, water, water, and more water, and the occasional beer or glass of wine. This weekend I want to make a new Sangria that I've never made before so I'm scouring Pinterest for a good recipe.

Waiting for my dealership to call me with some information on my SUV. I've been without Eleanor for almost three weeks now. Major side eye. Basically what happened is that almost three weeks ago she broke down on my Mama in Minot, ND while she was spending the night because she had to pick me up off the train in the am (hence why she had my vehicle). We spent the next day towing my vehicle from place to place (thank god for OnStar!) before finally getting it to a GM dealership where they were going to look at it in four days (it was the Memorial Day long weekend in the states) so we had to leave her behind and get my aunt an duncle to come from Canada to rescue us and take us home. 

After being quoted $2,500 - $4,700 to fix it (USD, so more like $3,300 or $6,200 in CAD) at the dealership in Minot I told them thanks but no thanks and that I would make arrangements for someone to take a trailer down to Minot to pick it up and haul it home. It sat there for over two weeks before my Dad was able to find a trailer that worked and a day that worked for my brother to go and pick it up. So last Saturday I headed to Minot with my Mama and brother to finally pick up Eleanor. When I got there the technician had information on the report that made me realize that it was an issue to do with a recall on my vehicleand I was super thankful I hadn't let them go ahead with the work there! On Monday my Dad hauled Eleanor to my dealership in Canada (35 minutes from where I live) and explained what had happened and gave them the recall notice I had *just* got a week before it broke down (so annoying). They're making me jump through some hoops to get it covered through the recall but my Dad has been very persistent so hopefully it all gets worked out soon! I'm soooo close to paying her off, I don't want to start all over now! I also got a loaner vehicle from the dealership so I finally don't have to bum rides off everyone just to get things done for work. I'm so ready for this shit show to be over and to have Eleanor back in good (running!) condition. All the expenses from having her looked at in Minot at two different autobody shops, putting a new battery in at the dealership in Minot, paying people to help me out with the situation, etc, etc have really blown my budget! I was also super annoyed to get to the dealership last Saturday to find a bunch of white paint all over the drivers side door and no note to explain it. Thank goodness for good insurance that will cover the repairs for that!

Wearing these super comfy capris from Old Navy. I have them in four colours now...  Last month I posted about these ones that I was loving but I can't wear those to work so I needed some that I could. I can't wear any of my shorts to work so capri leggings are what I live in during work in the Summer. I love Lululemon but because of my budget I've also been loving Old Navy's prices lately - there's always a sale! But as soon as I get my budget figured out (and my vehicle back!) I am finally going to purchase a pair of Align Crops from Lululemon - I've been coveting them for forever. 

Anticipating finally getting our trip to Vegas booked! I've told my family they need to figure it out by this weekend or I'm just booking it on my own and I'll meet MN down there. I just want to have it booked so I can start counting down to it! 

Loving the donations that are rolling in for a Facebook Auction fundraiser that I'm heading up for work. I might end up bidding on everything and completely blowing my budget. There's just too many good things being donated! 

Making plans for this weekend to do some fun things while MN is here. It usually doesn't work out that he is here over a weekend so it will be nice that everyone else will be off work too. On the agenda is playing Bones, hopefully getting out on the boat, day drinking, BBQing, - just to name a few things. Perfect way to kickstart Summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the love! If you have a specific question please feel free to email me at krmathison@ hotmail.com