July 19, 2017

24 Things Revisited...

Almost 6 years ago, on my champagne birthday, I wrote a post on my old blog titled '24 on the 24th' about some facts of me at age 24. I had completely forgotten about this post until I happened to click on a link to my old blog a few days ago and scrolled down a bit and found the post. Since I'm 6 days away from turning 30 I thought it would be fun to revisit the list from 6 years ago. Here we go!

I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up
Still very much true. I'm happy in my career but at least weekly I dream about being a stay at home dog mom, or an event planner or professional photographer. All these that aren't anywhere close to what I'm actually doing in my career 

I'm scared to death of turning 25...
If I was scared then then I am absolutely terrified now of turning the Dirty Thirty. More so of just the idea of being 30, since I don't feel any different now than I did 5 years ago 

Las Vegas is my favorite vacation spot 
Okay so it's not my favourite but it's definitely one of them

I am a bad, bad blogger... but I will work on it 
I've been working on it for the last 6 years. I've definitely come a long way since my first blog but I'm still not very consistent. Whooops

I can't go a full day without checking Facebook 
These days mostly just because I need to check if anyone wants to buy anything I'm selling on a garage sale group. Otherwise I could definitely live without Facebook

I can't stop biting my nails... help!
I've 99% kicked this habit. Turns out spending 10 days in Mexico 4 years ago was exactly what I needed to kick the habit (my fingers were so salty from the ocean I didn't want to bite them! ha) When my anxiety gets really bad is when the 1% comes in which is the reason I now get shellac nails every 3-4 weeks so that even when I'm anxious I can't bite them

I am sooo ready to own my own home 
Still VERY ready but still not a home owner. Yet. It all worked out for the best though considering eventually I will be leaving O-town and I won't have to worry about trying to sell a house before I leave

I LOVE cheesecake and Margaritas
Still love them though I definitely don't get to enjoy them as much as I used to. I should change that

I am attempting to grow my hair longer than it was in High School... not an easy feat
I think I probably accomplished this though I will never try it again. The length I have right now is perfect

I am 'Mom' to a fat cat named Hank
Hank went to live out at my cousins' farm about a year after I moved home from 'the city' because it just wasn't working out having him at my parents house with all of their animals. My cousin and her kids used to come visit quite often and her boys loved Hank so one day they just decided to take him home with them. Now I'm Mom to my angel baby Krickit, a 3 year old Chiweenie 

I love to bake but I don't like to eat much sweets
Still true though I haven't done any baking since Christmas (the horror!). I think about it all the time but my weekends are always full of other things. I really need to work on my time management so I can still make time to do things that I enjoy 

Potato chips are my weakness :(
Considering I gain and lose the same 10 lbs all the time I would say this is still very true 

I have 6 tattoos with plans for many, many more
I'm now at number 13 (I think?) and still have plans for many, many more 

I am a bad, bad scrapbooker... I couldn't even keep up with Project Life
Still behind by years on Project Life (and completely gave up scrapbooking) but I'm determined to get caught up!

I want a 'fancy' camera
I bought myself a Canon EOS Rebel T3i just before my brother's wedding almost 2 years ago. Still haven't mastered how to use it outside of auto mode but I'm glad I finally did get myself a 'fancy' camera 

My family and friends mean the world to me 
Obviously still true 

I want to own a bakery/coffee shoppe 
I'd still love to do that but after binge watching Bar Rescue on the weekend I'm now thinking running a bar would be even better (I'm clearly delusional haha)

Next on my list of places to visit is New York City
I did it y'all! I went to NYC in August of 2012 and I'd love to go back again. Right now I'd love to visit Chicago or somewhere in North Carolina first though, so I can cross some more places off of my list

Currently my favorite tv shows are How I Met Your Mother, Grey's Anatomy, and Vampire Diaries 
I still watch HIMYM on Netflix all the time but I gave up on the other shows years ago - I just don't ever get a chance to watch tv. Right now my favourite tv show is probably House Hunters (clearly I've grown up a bit in the last 6 years haha)

I recently discovered a new love for Starbucks Tazo Passion Tea Lemonades... Mmmm
I haven't ordered one of these from Starbucks in probably 5 years because I love coffee too much but I do make them at home all the time with the mixes that I buy in Target or Wal-Mart

I believe in ghosts
Nothing has changed there. Though I'm significantly less scared of the dark now... 

I could spend all day browsing blogs
Still true. But also Pinterest... And real estate listings... and vacation planning sites... 

I can't stand unpainted toe nails
This is why you will never find me with unpainted toe nails. And why I usually get a pedicure every 
couple of months

I LOVE making lists
Still very, very true. I'm ashamed of the amount of post it notes that I go through in one week...

Obviously I now need to make a list of 30 things about myself at 30 because HELLO I LOVE MAKING LISTS!

1 comment:

  1. I actually cried on my 30th birthday, but really being 30 wasn't that bad. With less than a month until my 34th birthday, I'm now starting to panic about 35. Mainly because with every day that passes my chances of being a mother decrease.

    I love this post. It's so fun to see what's changed and what's stayed the same. I wish I had a list like this I could look back on.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love! If you have a specific question please feel free to email me at krmathison@ hotmail.com