February 4, 2015

February Goals...


Does anyone else feel like they blinked and suddenly January was over? I swear just yesterday it was Christmas! I did alright on my January Goals, though I definitely could have done better. Lets take a look back at my January Goals and see my progress

1. Finish up a few 'loose end' posts from last year (aka my Texas and Vegas trips).
DONE(ish)! I finally posted my Texas recap (8 months later...) and I have my Vegas trip posts in their final drafts, just have to figure out when to schedule them to be posted, but I am chalking this one up as a win since I FINALLY got my Texas recap up. That post took at least 10 hours of writing and editing! Crazzzy.  I will NEVER wait that long to do a vacation recap ever again!

2. Set up my new blogging space.
SO close to being done. I just haven't found a chair that I LOVE yet so that part isn't quite finished. I'm hoping that when I go to the Queen City next week for my orthodontist appointment that I'll be able to find one at Target and that it will be on sale (since Target is leaving us - waaaahhh!)

3. Get an oil change for Eleanor. 
DONE! I bought the oil while in the Queen City at the beginning of the month and my Dad changed it for me a couple days later. I normally get it done by a company in town but my Dad insisted he needed to do it this time - only to realize my car is really difficult and he had to tear apart half my engine just to get it changed. Sooo I'll be going back to the company in town the next time I need an oil change

4. Send out 5 forms of snail mail. 
Okay, so they are still waiting in my purse to actually be dropped off at the post office but the fact that they were ready to go by the end of the month is making this one count as a win

5. Have a wine/crafting night with Kelsey.
Still no dice on this. We did get together with a group of people for a beginners sewing class but since it took place in a church the wine may have been frowned upon...

6. Complete my work 'to do' list of projects whittled down  and also learn to delegate some of these projects.
I'm (slowly) getting there. Everytime I cross something off though, another two things get added on to it. Story of my (work) life

7. Have a mini freezer meal making day. 
The whole 'spending freeze' thing really messed this one up. I have a certain amount set aside each month that I'm able to spend during the freeze, aside from my regular monthly payments/bills, but spending it on groceries did not seem like any fun so I didn't buy any, and thus, I couldn't make an freezer meals 

8. Form a habit with my new fitness routine. 
I was really looking forward to it at the beginning of the month and then I lost all motivation after only a few workouts. Having my FitBit really helps me to make sure I'm at least moving around a bit through the work day though, so that's a plus!


9. Update my 30 Before 30 list. 
In the process of updating my 30 Before 30 list I somehow made it so it no longer links to it from the 30x30 link at the top of the page and I have NO idea how to fix it :(  I also posted a 28 Before 28 list - you can check it out here

10. Work on a new monthly budget for 2015. 
Done! After a LOT of calculating I think I finally have it all figured out. Sadly, it doesn't look like 'Project Down Payment' will be completed this year but its looking pretty good for Spring of next year (knock on wood!)
Since February is a short month I'm aiming for only 8 goals this month, though I REALLY hope that come March I have crossed every single thing off my goals (a girl can dream!) I'm carrying over a few of my January Goals that didn't get completed because I would really like to get these done and off my To Do list

1. Send out 5 forms of snail mail.
Getting snail mail is the best, and I love sending it in hopes that I can put a smile on someone's face when they get their mail. My friend Mallory sent me some snail mail last week and I was so excited to get it!

2. Have a wine/crafting night with Kelsey AND Nikki/Mallory.
Kels and I are attending a craft night at the EFC next week, maybe we'll sneak some wine in and make this our wine/crafting night. January was too crazy for Nikki, Mallory and I to get together but I'm hopefull that we can make something work this month

3. Purchase the perfect chair to complete my new blogging space.
Like I mentioned above, I'm hoping I can get a chair next week to complete the space. If so, be on the look out for a post about my new space!

4. Have a mini freezer meal making day.
This WILL get done this month. I've got some awesome recipes pinned that I can't wait to try and other than next weekends trip to the Moose Jaw for the Scotties the rest of my weekends are wide open to get this task finished

5. Form a habit with my fitness routine.
The fact that I have to be in a bridesmaids dress in just over 6 months time is making this one my top priority for the month!

6. Go to bed by 10:00 pm each weeknight.
 I used to be a night owl - I'd go to bed around midnight/1:00 am every night and still be able to get up early in the mornings. Lately I've found that the later I stay up the more times I'm hitting snooze on my alarm clock in the morning. I have to be at work by 7:15 each morning so getting to bed by 10:00 pm really only gives me 8 hours of sleep (if I fall asleep right away), so I've been getting waaay less than that lately. Scooby mentioned on the weekend that she makes sure she's in bed by 10:00 each night on weekdays so I'm going to try it and see if it helps me in the mornings (though I don't think I'll ever be a morning person...)

7. Download a Yoga App and do yoga at least 3 times/week.
I have Jillian Michaels Yoga Meltdown on DVD but that yoga is not the kind of yoga I'm aiming for (that shits intense!). Any suggestions of a good app friends? 

8. Stick to my spending freeze budget while in Moose Jaw for the Scotties.
The fact that Moose Jaw doesn't have a Target will probably really help with this one. My tickets are already paid for, I've accounted for fuel, food/drinks/, and the hotel in my monthly budget, its just all the 'extras' (like shopping) that I have to be careful about

What are YOUR February goals? 

5 comments:

  1. good luck with your February goals - i love the idea of going to bed before 10pm. i do most nights, but some nights all of a sudden it's 11pm and i am gonna be so tired the next day (like today.....). i really need to have a freezer meal making day as well... i'm too tired to think about it right now, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you received my mail:) I am going to try the bedtime by 10:00 too fingers crossed. Can't seem to get up when the alarm goes off too:(

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooooh if you find a good yoga app let me know too - I've been wanting to get into it but I'm too scared to try a class being a complete beginner. Amen to going to bed by 10. If I don't I'm practically a zombie the next day at work. I can't wait to hear more about a freezer meal making day - I really need to do that too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. On Bonus Bitcoin Faucet you may get free satoshis. Up to 5,000 satoshis every 15 minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. At Moon Bitcoin you may get FREE satoshis. 163 sat. every 1 hour.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love! If you have a specific question please feel free to email me at krmathison@ hotmail.com